On April 28 we left home for Mt Ive Station in South Australia. The drive took longer than planned but we finally arrived on Saturday 2 May. We spent a night at Lake Lyell near Lithgow and had dinner with Gaye and Jim. Next was a free camp near Carrathool Bridge, between Griffith and Hay. We arrived just on dark and set up very quickly and minimally. Burra Showground was next and we spent a very pleasant night with 4 other couples allowing to the meet. that's when we discovered that the solar panel wasn't charging, so a few hours and dollars were spent at the auto electrician in Port Augusta rectifying the problem. As it was getting late we stayed with 3 other campers at Nuttbush Retreat outside Port Augusta city limits. As they didn't allow fires and it was too cold to sit outside without one we found the games room and had a memorable game of pool. Safe to say we were all fairly hopeless but we were warm. The next day we arrived at Mt Ive about lunch time. This photo was taken of us was taken from the summit of Mt Ive, shortly before we arrived. It gives a good idea of the countryside. How sheep find enough feed there to survive is amazing.
- Banka Banka to Edith Falls via Mataranka: monument...
- Wycliffe Well to Banka Banka 21 May
- Alice Springs to Wycliffe Well 20 May
- Rainbow Valley Monday 18 May
- Chambers Pillar Sunday 17 May
- Alice Springs and surrounding areas 13-19 May Part...
- Alice Springs and surrounding areas 13-19 MayPart ...
- A journey through small towns: Kingoonya to Mintab...
- Mt Ive Station Camper Trailer Group Meet May 2-7
- The beginning of the Kimberleys trip, via Mt Ive, ...
- ▼ May (10)